CAPE Mentors Safeguarding Policy
Here at CAPE Mentors we believe it is unacceptable for anyone to experience abuse of any kind. We understand the responsibility we have to safeguard each and every child we work with. We do this by creating a safe, predictable and consistent environment for our children to thrive and express themselves in. Our clear guidance (available upon request) ensures all CAPE Mentors staff, representatives, and volunteers understand how to safeguard themselves and the children we work with.
Disclosure and Barring Service checks are completed and monitored for all staff. Additionally, periodic safeguarding training is provided to ensure we keep up to date with best practice.
CAPE Mentors knows that:
- The welfare of the children we work with must always be our first priority.
- All children and young people, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief or sexual orientation, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, their parents/carers, teachers, and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
CAPE Mentors seeks to safeguard children and young people by:
- Sharing safeguarding concerns in a timely manner.
- Developing strong relationships with the children we work with.
- Reviewing our policies, procedures, and practice annually.
- Training our staff so they are able identify potential signs of abuse.
- Making sure all safety checks are taken before recruiting staff.
We promise all CAPE Mentors staff will:
- Be capable of identifying potential indicators of abuse or neglect.
- Have read our Safeguarding Policy.
- Understand their duty to safeguard the children we work with.
- Set clear boundaries with the children they serve.
- Know how to communicate and record concerns.
We understand that every child we work with is entitled to confidentiality so all information we record about them will be treated carefully, be kept safe and only shared with those people who need to know.
If you have any more questions regarding safeguarding at CAPE Mentors please email email@example.com